Ruby Breakfast Sauce
"Brighten a Valentine's Day breakfast with this delicious cherry sauce on French toast, pancakes or waffles," recommends Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. With a hint of cranberry flavor, the mixture also is nice served over ham, pork or chicken.
More Valentine's Day Breakfast Recipes »
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (8 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pancakes or French toast
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine pie filling, cranberry sauce,
- syrup, orange juice and butter.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer
- or until butter is melted and mixture is heated through; stir. Serve
- over pancakes or French toast. Yield: about 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 97 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.