Ruby Apple Salad
This is a pretty salad and tastes good, too. There are 22 apple growers in the county where I live, so I have plenty of fresh apples to use for cooking. Years ago, there used to be local apple contests that my two children and I would enter. One year we made a clean sweep of the awards - and I believe this recipe was one of the winners!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a bowl, stir gelatin and candies in boiling water until dissolved.
- Chill until partially set. Fold in apples, celery and walnuts. Pour
- into a 1-qt. serving bowl. Chill until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.