- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Rocky Mountain Grill in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p232
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Rubbed Sage Lamb Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilled Lamb >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Lamb >
- Lamb Chop Recipes >
- Lamb Recipes >