Royal Rhubarb Coffee Cake Recipe
This coffee cake recipe is a variation of one a close friend and I make for our home baking business. I've used raspberries and blueberries in place of the rhubarb with winning results. —Lorraine Robinson, Stony Plain, Alberta
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon rhubarb to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving equals 238 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC