- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 3 cans (53 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In large Dutch ovens, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Yield: 45-50 servings.
Originally published as Roundup-Day Beans in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p50
Reviews for Roundup-Day Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review