Two types of meat make this not-too-spicy chili a hearty meal. Because it's made in the slow cooker, it's a great choice for casual Christmas gatherings.—Linda Stemen, Monroeville, Indiana
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot pepper sauce, shredded cheddar cheese and additional chopped onion, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, flank steak, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, beans, chilies and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until steak is tender.
- Serve with the hot pepper sauce, cheese and onion if desired. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Roundup Chili in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p85
Reviews for Roundup Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2014
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2014
"Very very good! A Tiny bite"
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2014
"A very good chili recipe! I'll make this one again."
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2011
"Delicious/ My family doesn't like things too spicey so I cut back all the spices/perfect"