Roundup Beef Roast Recipe
"I made this roast for my husband's birthday party and everyone loved it," relates Shannon Jones of Trail, British Columbia. Enjoy the juicy roast for one meal and beat the clock another day by using the leftovers in the two recipes that follow.
- 1/4 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with mustard. bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice against the grain. Yield: 3-4 servings plus 4-1/2 cups leftover roast beef.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC