Round Steak Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Trim beef; cut into serving-size pieces. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Top with the onion, mushrooms and tomato sauce. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (calculated without noodles) equals 209 calories, 112 mg sodium, 68 mg cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, 26 gm protein, 10 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Round Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.