Round Steak with Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1. Cut steak into six pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, brown meat in oil on both sides. Stir in the soup, water, celery, red pepper, onion and thyme. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- 2. Add potatoes; cover and bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until steak and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 344 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 829 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein.
Reviews for Round Steak with Potatoes
"My family enjoyed this. I did add two beef cubes to the water and didn't add the celery (personal preference) but followed the rest of the recipe as written. My family really liked the gravy"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.