Have a delicious steak and potatoes dinner tonight! Baking the round steak for an extended amount of time in this recipe insures tenderness. Taryn Kuebelbeck - Plymouth, Minnesota
- 2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 small red potatoes
- Cut steak into six pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, brown meat in oil on both sides. Stir in the soup, water, celery, red pepper, onion and thyme. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes; cover and bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until steak and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Round Steak with Potatoes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p54
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Round Steak with Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review