Round Steak Supper Recipe
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 beef top round steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1. Place the potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cut beef into four pieces; place over potatoes. In a bowl, combine the soup, water, soup mix, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 583 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1222mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 48g protein.
Reviews for Round Steak Supper
"Yummy! And so easy! Mine was done in only 4 hours on low, so I had to keep it on warm until dinner time. It makes your house smell great, too!"
"Flavor is just right, and the dish is a real time-saver. Perfect to have ready at "crunch-time" (when everyone needs to eat supper and then quickly head off in every direction!). I cooked on high for 5 hours in the crock pot, and the meat was super tender."
"I think I am going to try this with southern style hash browns to save the cutting of the potatoes!"
"this is such a time saver. When I make this all I have to do is prepare rolls & a vegetable. What could be easier."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.