Round Steak Supper Recipe
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 beef top round steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 1. Place the potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cut beef into four pieces; place over potatoes. In a bowl, combine the soup, water, soup mix, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 583 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,222 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 48 g protein.
Reviews for Round Steak Supper
"My husband proclaimed this comfort food, but I have similar recipes I like more. With the onion soup mix it was very salty...and I added no more additional salt."
"Yummy! And so easy! Mine was done in only 4 hours on low, so I had to keep it on warm until dinner time. It makes your house smell great, too!"
"Flavor is just right, and the dish is a real time-saver. Perfect to have ready at "crunch-time" (when everyone needs to eat supper and then quickly head off in every direction!). I cooked on high for 5 hours in the crock pot, and the meat was super tender."
"I think I am going to try this with southern style hash browns to save the cutting of the potatoes!"
"this is such a time saver. When I make this all I have to do is prepare rolls & a vegetable. What could be easier."
""Here's a meat-and-potatoes dinner that will help you stick to your budget," promises Sandra Castillo from Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. Inexpensive round steak and potatoes are simmered for hours in an onion-flavored gravy to create the satisfying supper.View this recipe now"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.