"Here's a meat-and-potatoes dinner that will help you stick to your budget," promises Sandra Castillo from Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. Inexpensive round steak and potatoes are simmered for hours in an onion-flavored gravy to create the satisfying supper.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 beef top round steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Place the potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cut beef into four pieces; place over potatoes. In a bowl, combine the soup, water, soup mix, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Round Steak Supper in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Round Steak Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review