Round Steak Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add beef; shake until well coated.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Brown beef in batches. Remove and keep warm. Add onion and garlic to the pan; cook until tender. Return beef to the skillet. Add the broth, mustard, chili sauce and mushrooms; cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 328 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 768 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Round Steak Stroganoff
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.