Round Steak Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add beef; shake until well coated.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Brown beef in batches. Remove and keep warm. Add onion and garlic to the pan; cook until tender. Return beef to the skillet. Add the broth, mustard, chili sauce and mushrooms; cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Round Steak Stroganoff(5)
Sort By :
I think this is a really good recipe for stroganoff. I've made it a few times and have even frozen it. It freezes well with all of the ingredients except for the sour cream. Add the sour cream after you reheat it. I highly recommend this recipe and thank the cook for sharing it.
This was fantastic! My entire family loved it. I had to substitute smoked paprika for regular paprika, but it was still great. Also, I used a Light sour cream instead of full fat and it was still excellent! Definitely making this again!
Simply Awesome! I had to make my "chili Sauce" as I did not have any. 1 Cup Tomato Sauce, 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, 2 T Vinegar 1/4 t all spice. mix all together. Well be making this again
My family loved this recipe. My husband said it was the best Stroganoff he has ever had. Yummy!!!
So many stroganoff recipes out there...ground beef, mushroom soup etc. but this was awesome. Easy and inexpensive. Leftovers are even better. Unfortunatly couldn't get my college son to eat as stroganoff in the commons is gross! He missed out on a tasty meal!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >