Round Steak Stroganoff Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add beef; shake until well coated.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Brown beef in batches. Remove and keep warm. Add onion and garlic to the pan; cook until tender. Return beef to the skillet. Add the broth, mustard, chili sauce and mushrooms; cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve over noodles. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Round Steak Stroganoff
Sort By :
Very good. Used sirloin, tomatoe paste instead of chili sauce, no mustard, and used fresh sliced mushrooms
Made this with leftover T-bone steak, 86 the mushrooms, and it was pretty good. I'll make this again!
I think this is a really good recipe for stroganoff. I've made it a few times and have even frozen it. It freezes well with all of the ingredients except for the sour cream. Add the sour cream after you reheat it. I highly recommend this recipe and thank the cook for sharing it.
This was fantastic! My entire family loved it. I had to substitute smoked paprika for regular paprika, but it was still great. Also, I used a Light sour cream instead of full fat and it was still excellent! Definitely making this again!
Simply Awesome! I had to make my "chili Sauce" as I did not have any. 1 Cup Tomato Sauce, 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, 2 T Vinegar 1/4 t all spice. mix all together. Well be making this again