- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and paprika; add
- beef in batches and shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and
- onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add the
- water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 35-45 minutes. Stir in soup and mushrooms.
- For dumplings, in a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Stir in milk and oil just until moistened. In a shallow dish,
- combine bread crumbs and butter. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of
- dumpling batter into crumb mixture; turn to coat.
- Transfer hot beef mixture to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top
- with dumplings. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or
- until bubbly and golden brown and a toothpick inserted in dumplings
- comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.