Round Steak Recipe
"There's no need to brown the steak first, so you can get this main course into the oven in short order," relates Sue Call from Beech Grove, Indiana. The fork-tender results are sure to remind you of Swiss steak Grandma used to make, with lots of sauce left over for dipping.
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- Hot cooked noodles
- Trim beef; cut into serving-size pieces. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Top with the onion, mushrooms and tomato sauce. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serve over noodles. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Oven Swiss Steak in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p43
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Round Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >