- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 6 crackers)
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- RAISIN SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 maraschino cherry, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk and cracker crumbs. Crumble ham and pork over mixture; mix well. Form into an 8-in. round loaf in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Cut pineapple slices in half if desired; place on top of loaf.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
- For sauce, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water in a saucepan; stir until smooth. Add the raisins. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm with ham loaf. Garnish with a cherry if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Round Ham Loaf in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p35
Reviews for Round Ham Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review