Round Cheese Bread
From Medicine Hat, Alberta, Deborah Bitz shares this savory round loaf with Italian flair. "Warm buttered wedges are tasty with a pasta dinner or tossed salad," she informs.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan
- cheese, oregano, milk and egg (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Drizzle with butter;
- sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 183 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.