From Medicine Hat, Alberta, Deborah Bitz shares this savory round loaf with Italian flair. "Warm buttered wedges are tasty with a pasta dinner or tossed salad," she informs.
Recommended: 19 Reuben Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, milk and egg (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Round Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p46
Reviews for Round Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2016
"Easy and pretty good. Would be a nice change up to garlic bread with spaghetti."
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2010
"Fast and tasty! The flavor was fantastic! Next time I make it I'll use 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese."