Rotisserie Chicken Ragout
Deli-roasted chicken is the secret to Paula Marchesi’s super-quick family favorite in Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania. “It’s so-o-o good after a long day of shopping, when you’re tired or the kids have a game and time’s tight,” she says.
PAULA’S TIP: “I like to serve this fail-proof meal-in-one with crusty Italian bread. That’s all it needs!”
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini and onion in
- oil for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- Add the chicken, beans, cream, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir
- 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 306 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium,