Rotisserie Chicken Ragout Recipe
Deli-roasted chicken is the secret to Paula Marchesi’s super-quick family favorite in Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania. “It’s so-o-o good after a long day of shopping, when you’re tired or the kids have a game and time’s tight,” she says. PAULA’S TIP: “I like to serve this fail-proof meal-in-one with crusty Italian bread. That’s all it needs!”
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini and onion in oil for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the chicken, beans, cream, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Rotisserie Chicken Ragout in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rotisserie Chicken Ragout(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2011
Would not make it again unless I made alot of changes. It was bland and I even modified the spices. I am not a fan of Thyme.
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >