Rotini with Shrimp Recipe
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CREAMY LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp; boil 3 minutes longer or until pasta is tender and shrimp turn pink.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the wine or broth, lemon peel, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and shrimp; place in a serving bowl. Add sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 420 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 257mg cholesterol, 797mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Rotini with Shrimp
"It came out okay. Had to add some Ms. Dash to give more flavor."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.