Rotini with Shrimp Recipe
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CREAMY LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp; boil 3 minutes longer or until pasta is tender and shrimp turn pink.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the wine or broth, lemon peel, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and shrimp; place in a serving bowl. Add sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rotini with Shrimp in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Rotini with Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2012
"It came out okay. Had to add some Ms. Dash to give more flavor."