Rotini Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups uncooked tricolor rotini or spiral pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Italian-blend vegetables
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Drain pasta; place in a bowl, Add the onion mixture, chicken, soup, milk, frozen vegetables, cheese, parsley, thyme and salt.
- 2. Pour into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cornflakes; spritz with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 341 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.