Rose petals are not just a garnish, they can be used in food as well. This unique shake is has so much flavor and will become a favorite in your home.—Mary Kay Dixson, Decatur, Alabama
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup packed rose petals
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup vanilla ice cream
- Fresh rosebud, optional
- In a blender or food processor, combine rose petals, milk, honey,
- extract and ice cream; blend or process until smooth and foamy. Pour
- into a glass; garnish with rosebud if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.