Rosy Rhubarb Punch
Writes Shirley Hochstedler from Kalona, Iowa: “My friend Elsie shared this refreshing, fruity recipe with me. She used this punch at her daughter's graduation and other special events.” A great way to use up that rhubarb!
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 quarts water
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange or cherry gelatin powder
- In a Dutch oven, combine water and rhubarb; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Strain, reserving liquid; return to the pan. Stir in the pineapple
- juice, sugar and gelatin powder; heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cool. Transfer to a punch bowl or pitcher; cover and refrigerate
- until chilled. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 116 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.