Writes Shirley Hochstedler from Kalona, Iowa: “My friend Elsie shared this refreshing, fruity recipe with me. She used this punch at her daughter's graduation and other special events.” A great way to use up that rhubarb!
- 2 quarts water
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange or cherry gelatin powder
- In a Dutch oven, combine water and rhubarb; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.
- Strain, reserving liquid; return to the pan. Stir in the pineapple juice, sugar and gelatin powder; heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool. Transfer to a punch bowl or pitcher; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Rosy Rhubarb Punch in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p53
Reviews for Rosy Rhubarb Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review