Rosy Rhubarb Mold Recipe
This mold is perfect for a buffet. This recipe will feed a crowd with no problem at all.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 24 cups chopped rhubarb
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 packages (6 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Leaf lettuce
- Additional strawberries
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 6 to 7 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a kettle over medium-low heat, cook and stir rhubarb, water and sugar until rhubarb is soft and tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in orange juice and peel. Chill until partially set, about 2-3 hours. Stir in strawberries. Pour into six 5-cup ring molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold onto lettuce-line platters; garnish with berries.
- 2. For dressing, combine mayonnaise and whipped topping; add enough milk to thin to desired consistency. Serve in a bowl in center of mold. Yield: 50 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 193 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC