This mold is perfect for a buffet. This recipe will feed a crowd with no problem at all.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 24 cups chopped rhubarb
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 packages (6 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Leaf lettuce
- Additional strawberries
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 6 to 7 tablespoons milk
- In a kettle over medium-low heat, cook and stir rhubarb, water and sugar until rhubarb is soft and tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in orange juice and peel. Chill until partially set, about 2-3 hours. Stir in strawberries. Pour into six 5-cup ring molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight. Unmold onto lettuce-line platters; garnish with berries.
- For dressing, combine mayonnaise and whipped topping; add enough milk to thin to desired consistency. Serve in a bowl in center of mold. Yield: 50 servings.
Originally published as Rosy Rhubarb Mold in Country Woman May/June 1997, p41
Reviews for Rosy Rhubarb Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review