Rosy Rhubarb Dessert Recipe
Elsie Wigdahl bakes this comforting almond-and-rhubarb delight in her Ruthven, Iowa kitchen. "This sure-to-please dessert is quick and easy," she says.
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup choppeed flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Arrange rhubarb evenly in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sugar and gelatin powder; sprinkle over rhubarb. Sprinkle dry cake mix over gelatin mixture. Pour hot water over cake mix (do not stir). Top with coconut and almonds. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 288 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 283 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Rosy Rhubarb Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC