Elsie Wigdahl bakes this comforting almond-and-rhubarb delight in her Ruthven, Iowa kitchen. "This sure-to-please dessert is quick and easy," she says.
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup choppeed flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Arrange rhubarb evenly in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine sugar and gelatin powder; sprinkle over rhubarb. Sprinkle dry cake mix over gelatin mixture. Pour hot water over cake mix (do not stir). Top with coconut and almonds. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Rosy Rhubarb Dessert in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p40
Reviews for Rosy Rhubarb Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review