Rosy Red Christmas Apples Recipe
Pretty enough to pass as dessert, these sweet festive apples make a nice alternative to salad. The creamy nut-filled mixture stuffed inside is delightful.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 16 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, water and food coloring to a boil. Place four apples in pan; boil for 3 minutes. Turn apples over; boil 2-5 minutes longer or until apples are crisp-tender. Place in a large dish to cool. Repeat with remaining apples.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, pecans and mayonnaise. Stuff into center of apples. Serve or refrigerate. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC