Rosy Potato Soup
"Chives, parsley and paprika delicately season this distinctive soup," shares Holly Youngers of Cunningham, Kansas.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced (2-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat. Add potatoes, parsley and paprika; heat through. Yield:
- 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 275 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.