Rosy Pear Compote Recipe
Pears and cranberries bring down-home flair to this comforting compote—a heartwarming way to cap off any autumn meal. Lorraine Darocha, Berkshire, Massachusetts, suggests, "It's also delicious spooned over a cool scoop of sherbet."
- 6 medium ripe pears, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, cut into 8 slices and halved
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, arrange pears. In a saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; pour over pears. Top with oranges.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until pears are tender. Serve warm. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 195 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Rosy Pear Compote
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC