Rosy Pear Compote Recipe
- 6 medium ripe pears, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, cut into 8 slices and halved
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- 1. In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, arrange pears. In a saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil; pour over pears. Top with oranges.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until pears are tender. Serve warm. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3 pear quarters, 4 orange pieces with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 195 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.