Rosy Cider Jelly
For an easy-to-prepare present, try this jelly made with cider and cranberry juice. I got the recipe, now a family favorite, from our local county Extension office.
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 5 min.
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon bottled lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first four ingredients. Bring to a
- rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in the
- sugar. Return to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture
- into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace.
- Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes
- in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.