Rosemary Zucchini Sticks
"Our family loves zucchini, but fried zucchini has too much fat. So I baked these one day and everybody—even the grandchildren—thought they were great," writes Betty Jackson of White Pine, Tennessee.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cut each zucchini in half widthwise, then cut each half lengthwise
- into quarters. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and rosemary.
- In another bowl, beat egg and water.
- Dip zucchini in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Coat again
- in egg and crumbs. Arrange on a baking sheet coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until tender and
- golden, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (4 zucchini sticks) equals 144 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 53 g cholesterol, 814 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.