Rosemary Wheat Crackers Recipe
No one will believe you made these delightful rosemary scented crackers with a sprinkling of kosher salt. They are easy to make and are better than store bought.—Nancy Mueller, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flours, sugar, salt and rosemary. Gradually add oil, tossing with a fork to combine. Add milk; toss with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Divide dough into three equal portions. On a greased baking sheet, roll out one portion into a 9-in. x 8-in. rectangle, about 1/16-in. thick. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Using rolling pin, gently press salt into dough. Prick holes in dough with a fork. Score dough into 16 pieces. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately cut along the scored lines. Cool completely on baking sheets. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cracker: 30 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Rosemary Wheat Crackers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC