My Aunt Mary started making this recipe years ago, and each time we visited her she would have a batch ready for us. The use of cayenne adds an unexpected zing to the savory combo of rosemary and walnuts. When you need a good house-warming or hostess gift, double the batch and save one for yourself. —Renee Ciancio, New Bern, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min
- 2 cups walnut halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place walnuts in a small bowl. Spritz with cooking spray. Add the
- seasonings; toss to coat. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 166 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 fat.