Rosemary Turkey Breast
In Wills Point, Texas, Dorothy Pritchett seasons turkey with a mixture of garlic and rosemary for a tasty and tender bird. The attractive main course is a perfect accompaniment to your holiday meal.
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 pounds)
- In a food processor, combine the oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, paprika
- and pepper; cover and process until garlic is coarsely chopped.
- With your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of
- turkey breast. Spread half of the garlic mixture over the meat under
- the skin. Smooth skin over meat and secure to underside of breast
- with toothpicks. Spread remaining garlic mixture over turkey skin.
- Place turkey breast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer
- reads 170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Discard
- toothpicks. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey (calculated without skin) equals 148 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium,