Rosemary Turkey Breast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 pounds)
- 1. In a food processor, combine the oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, paprika and pepper; cover and process until garlic is coarsely chopped.
- 2. With your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Spread half of the garlic mixture over the meat under the skin. Smooth skin over meat and secure to underside of breast with toothpicks. Spread remaining garlic mixture over turkey skin.
- 3. Place turkey breast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 15 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey (calculated without skin) equals 148 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer