- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 pounds)
- In a food processor, combine the oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, paprika and pepper; cover and process until garlic is coarsely chopped.
- With your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. Spread half of the garlic mixture over the meat under the skin. Smooth skin over meat and secure to underside of breast with toothpicks. Spread remaining garlic mixture over turkey skin.
- Place turkey breast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 15 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Rosemary Turkey Breast
Sort By :
This was wonderful. Very moist, and very garlicky. I would love to make it again!
The smallest turkey my store had was 6.5lbs, so I increased the ingredients a little to make sure I had enough to cover the whole turkey. Not sure if it was the recipe, or my additions but the flavors were way too strong. My house still smells of garlic the next day (and I love garlic, but this was way too strong and I didn't increase the amount of garlic). The rosemary was way too intense as well. I couldn't eat the pieces near the edge, and my husband was scraping off his seasoning. I may try it again, reducing the amount of garlic and rosemary and possibly eliminating most the paprika. On the positive side, it was really easy to make and this was my first time making it turkey. I used one of the bags per my mother in law's suggestion, baked it @350 for 2 hours and it was extremely juicy.
This has become a family favorite.
I was really surprised by how delicious this was.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >