- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups dried split peas, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 pound ground pork or turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large kettle or Dutch oven, saute the celery, onion, garlic and rosemary in butter until tender. Add the broth, peas and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until peas are soft. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- For meatballs, combine the pork, rosemary and pepper. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs until no pink remains, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle half of the cooled soup into a blender or food processor; puree. Return soup to the kettle along with the meatballs and heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Split Pea Soup in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p41
Reviews for Rosemary Split Pea Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >