Rosemary-Skewered Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 fresh rosemary stems (18 inches)
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, dill, oregano, lemon peel, garlic, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel bark from the bottom half of each rosemary stem and make a point at each end; soak in water until ready to use.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. On soaked rosemary stems, alternately thread the chicken, artichokes, squash and tomatoes. Position the leaf parts of the rosemary stems so they are outside of the grill cover.
- 4. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 215 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Rosemary-Skewered Artichoke Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.