Rosemary Shrimp with Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the shrimp, garlic and rosemary in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- 3. Drain spaghetti; add to the pan. Stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese; remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup equals 349 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.