Rosemary Shrimp with Spaghetti Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked white fiber or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic and rosemary; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in spinach; cook, covered, until slightly wilted.
- 3. Add spaghetti, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as desired. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 349 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.