Rosemary Shrimp with Spaghetti
“I came up with this recipe on a busy weeknight when I was pressed for time. Now it’s my ‘go-to dish’ whenever I need a quick, nutritious meal.” Serve this with garlic bread so you can scoop every last bit of goodness off your plate! —Candace Havely, Sterling, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the shrimp, garlic and
- rosemary in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp
- turn pink. Add spinach; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain spaghetti; add to the pan. Stir in the lemon juice, salt and
- pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese; remove from the
- heat. Cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 349 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium,