“I came up with this recipe on a busy weeknight when I was pressed for time. Now it’s my ‘go-to dish’ whenever I need a quick, nutritious meal.” Serve this with garlic bread so you can scoop every last bit of goodness off your plate! —Candace Havely, Sterling, Colorado
- 8 ounces uncooked white fiber or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic and rosemary; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in spinach; cook, covered, until slightly wilted.
- Add spaghetti, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as desired. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Shrimp with Spaghetti in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Rosemary Shrimp with Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review