Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
66 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Combine the flour, rosemary and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 8-1/4-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on
- ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in
- an airtight container. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 42 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.