Rosemary Seasoned Lamb Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (about 4 pounds)
- 1. In a blender or spice mill, combine the seasonings; cover and process until coarsely ground. Untie leg of lab and unroll. Rub spice blend over both sides of meat. Reroll and tie with kitchen string.
- 2. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 181 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Rosemary Seasoned Lamb
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.