Rosemary Seasoned Lamb Recipe
Caroline Layton of Brevard, North Carolina likes to use this pleasant rosemary spice blend on lamb. The versatile rub tastes so terrific, you'll want to try it on pork, chicken and firm fish, too.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 New Zealand boneless leg of lamb (about 4 pounds)
- In a blender or spice mill, combine the seasonings; cover and process until coarsely ground. Untie leg of lab and unroll. Rub spice blend over both sides of meat. Reroll and tie with kitchen string.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Seasoned Lamb in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Rosemary Seasoned Lamb(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Lamb >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Lamb >
- Lamb Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >