Rosemary Root Vegetables Recipe
This heartwarming side dish from our Test Kitchen is sure to get rave reviews! The ingredient list may look longer, but you'll soon see, this colorful fall medley is a snap to prepare.
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the vegetables in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 78 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC