Rosemary Root Vegetables Recipe
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the vegetables in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 78 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Rosemary Root Vegetables
"This is a delicious recipe! Oh, the aroma of it cooking was mouth watering! It went perfectly with baked pork chops...no other side dish needed."
"most awesome recipe!!! I did substitute some of my not so fav vegies for others that i like!"