This heartwarming side dish from our Test Kitchen is sure to get rave reviews! The ingredient list may look longer, but you'll soon see, this colorful fall medley is a snap to prepare.
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the vegetables in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Root Vegetables in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p58
Reviews for Rosemary Root Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2016
"This is a delicious recipe! Oh, the aroma of it cooking was mouth watering! It went perfectly with baked pork chops...no other side dish needed."
Reviewed May. 19, 2011
"most awesome recipe!!! I did substitute some of my not so fav vegies for others that i like!"