Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
“Fresh rosemary is the key to these savory and colorful potatoes. You can substitute carrots for the sweet potatoes with equally tasty and beautiful results.” Shannon Koene - Blacksburg, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion and garlic; drizzle with
- oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, creole seasoning, salt and pepper; toss
- to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until tender, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 157 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.